The Local Director will provide overall technical and administrative direction and expertise for the program. S/he will be the main point of contact for Seed2shirt on management and technical issues. The local director will be responsible for managing all aspects of the implementation of activities to achieve the objectives of the contract, including but not limited to: technical, administrative, operational and logistical management of project activities and reporting. The local manager will also play a lead role in coordinating key stakeholders and other partners involved in the implementation of the project.
Candidates for this position must be mid-level professionals with a proven track record in the implementation and management of community projects. He/she will be expected to work with a variety of stakeholders, including high-level government and UNPCB officials, and INERA staff.
Provide strategic, technical and administrative leadership to achieve program objectives.
- Develop an implementation plan for the program.
- Monitor and evaluate all the work of the program.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all compliance and reporting requirements of partners, donors and other sponsoring organizations are met in a timely manner.
- Analyze budgets, prepare financial reports and provide recommendations to Seed2Shirt headquarters on budget expenditures.
- Manage the office, including personnel, property, finance and communications.
Direct staff and conduct operations
- Plans and coordinates work flow.
- Leading relationships with farmers, the farming community.
- Supervise, train and guide staff.
- Establish annual work plans and performance objectives for each team member, ensuring the quality of the group's deliverables and adherence to schedules.
- Makes recommendations regarding employment, termination, performance and other personnel matters.
- Ensure that the Standards of Conduct, the Employee Handbook, and other applicable company policies, procedures and schedules are adhered to and respected.
Manage the coordination mechanism with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other implementing partners to ensure proper implementation of activities.
- Establish and foster relationships with a broad network of Partners, donors, practitioners, government officials and business leaders, assimilating them and contributing to new developments relevant to the program.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Hold a degree in rural development or extension, agricultural sciences or other equivalent;
- Have at least 2 years of experience, including 1 year in a structure promoting organic agriculture (certification and / or production) and sustainable agriculture;
Proven track record of working with a board of directors.
Qualiﬁcations desired Qualiﬁcations
- Be able to work with partners and communities in the transfer of knowledge through training workshops, meetings and the use of participatory methods;
Experience in budget management
- Be able to provide technical training to partners and communities;
Have a working knowledge of English and French -required; master at least two other local languages spoken in the cotton producing areas ;
Ability to work in a rural community environment
Good computer skills, i.e. Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter (stating their salary expectations) and a CV by e-mail to email@example.com. (no more than 5 pages) with at least three references and a daytime telephone contact as well as copies of academic documents. Please send them to The Director, Seed2shirt.
E-mail applications must be attached to a single file (Ms. Word or PDF) with the job title in the subject line.
Applications are reviewed on a regular basis.
Your application was submitted successfully.